What can I do now to help avoid family conflict when I die or become incapacitated?

Have all your wishes placed in writing and legally executed, specifically get a Will or Trust and Durable Powers of Attorney. If you express your decisions in written legal documents the children will go along and not fight or argue about what “you might have wanted.” Your wishes are in writing for all to read exactly what you wanted done. If you don’t have a Will, Trust or Durable Power of Attorney then the children can only guess what you wanted done and each child will have a different opinion which will create conflict, possibly bitter disputes and sometimes complete destruction of relationships between children. Express your wishes in writing by setting up the proper legal documents to help and keep peace and harmony between your children when you die or become incapacitated.

Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.